This recipe for Milano’s “Fico” pizza—featuring fig jam, roasted shallots, prosciutto, gorgonzola and fontina cheese—comes courtesy of Executive Chef Scott Krause.
2 oz Dried Mission Figs
3 oz Port Wine
Simmer until the wine had reduced by half and puree with an emersion blender.
1 6.25 oz pizza dough
2 oz Mountain Gorgonzola cheese
1 ea Roasted Shallot (sliced)
2 oz Prosciutto (paper thin, julienned)
4 oz Fontina cheese
1 tsp Balsamic syrup
- Pizza Stone
- Pizza Peel
- Pizza Cutter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Let the dough sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin
- Spread Fontina cheese equally about the dough.
- Place the shallot, fig jam mixture, Gorgonzola cheese equally about the pie.
- Place the pizza onto a pizza stone and place in oven (use corn meal or semolina on the pizza peel to keep the pie from sticking).
- Cook the pizza until the edges are slightly brown and the bottom is brown (about 10-14 minutes).
- Switch the oven to broil and brown the top (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove, garnish with the Prosciutto and balsamic glaze.
- Slice into 6 or 8 slices and ENJOY!
594 New Loudon Road Latham, NY