This recipe comes courtesy of Albany Country Club Chef Deven Furman.
S’mores Chocolate Mousse
- 24 Graham Crackers
- 7 oz. Butter(unsalted)
- 18 oz. Chocolate(couverture)
- 8 Eggs(separated)
- 1/4 cup sugar(granulated)
- 5 Gelatin Sheets
- 1/4 cup Coffee Liqueur
- 26 oz. Heavy Cream
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Line 24 3-inch PVC molds with acetate paper (or parchment paper), place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Crush graham cracker to the consistency of sand, melt butter and combine with crushed mixture.
- Place 2 tablespoons of graham cracker mixture in each mold and thoroughly press down until even.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, set aside.
- Whip heavy cream to a medium peak and set aside.
- Submerge gelatin sheets in cold water until soft. Gently remove from water discarding all excess moisture. Place gelatin in a bowl and microwave to a liquid form, then immediately add coffee liqueur and set aside.
- Whip egg yolks and sugar over double boiler to the ribbon stage, remove from heat and whisk in gelatin mixture.
- Fold yolk/gelatin mixture into chocolate.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Place mousse in a pastry bag and fill PVC molds to the top and freeze overnight to set.
- Pull molds from the freezer, push out from the bottom up, remove acetate paper, place under refrigeration.
- Fill a pastry bag with marshmallow fluff, pipe a small amount on top of the mousse, brûlée gently and serve.