This latest recipe comes courtesy of the Barnsider Restaurant’s Chef Christopher Gallup.
- 1 lb. separated Lump Crab Meat
- 2 1/2 oz Japanese Bread Crumbs
- 2 oz, finely diced Spanish onion
- 1 oz. finely diced Red Pepper
- 1 oz. finely diced Green Pepper
- 4 oz Mayonnaise
- 1 egg Pasteurized egg
- 1 1/4 oz Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/4 oz Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- Soybean Oil as needed
- In a sauté pan heat 2 oz of oil and sauté onion, red pepper, and green pepper for 1-3 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a large stainless steel bowl combine mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, onion and pepper mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add bread crumbs and fold in completely, add lump crab meat and gently fold keeping pieces as large as possible.
- Portion crab cake mixture into 3 oz. balls, flatten to 3″ in diameter and 3/4″ thick.
- Lightly dust each cake with flour and pan sear with a small amount of hot oil for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. (Complete heating approximately 5 minutes).
- Serve with Dijon sauce. Yields 6 portions, 2 cakes – 3oz each.