This recipe comes courtesy of Yanni’s Too Restaurant’s Executive Chef Marc A. Yanni.
Soft Shell Crab Provencal
2 live large soft shell crab, cleaned
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. fresh basil
1 small tomato, diced
2 tbsp. white wine
2 tbsp. salted butter
Juice of 2 large lemons
Method of cooking:
• Clean crabs, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, then flour.
• In a saute pan, heat olive oil until hot.
• Add crabs and saute 1-1.5 minutes on one side.
• Flip over, add garlic, tomatoes, wine, and cook 1-1.5 minutes.
• Add basil, parsley, and lemon juice. Add butter last.
• Remove crabs and place on a plate.
• Reduce the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and top the crabs.