This recipe comes courtesy of Chef Rich Karo of The Flying Chicken in Troy.
122 4th Street • Troy 326.3546
Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 quarts sweet potatoes, cut into ½” pieces and cooked to fork tender
- ½ lb bacon, sliced into ¼” pieces and cooked
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce from can of chipotles *optional* one chipotle pepper, minced for heat
- 1 ½ tbsp parsley, chopped fine
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In bowl combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, adobo sauce, optional chipotle and parsley. Whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic to dressing mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add crisp bacon and cooked sweet potatoes. Combine and season with salt and pepper.